BASTIAN is the software to calculate airborne and impact sound transmission between rooms in buildings and airborne sound transmission from the exterior. The calculations in BASTIAN are based on parts 1 to 3 of the European Standard series EN 12354. BASTIAN can be applied to predict the acoustical performance between rooms in apartment and office buildings, between classrooms in schools, and between rooms in hotels or hospitals.
- Calculations in third-octave band width or with single number ratings
- Doors, windows, and air intakes can be inserted into the separating construction
- Additional flanking elements or sound transmitting systems, such as ventilation and cable ducts
- Easy generation of variants by duplication and inversion of room situations for changed preferences
- Calculation of the interior sound pressure levels for sound transmission from the outside
- Optional extension for ruralization of all calculation results for airborne sound transmission between rooms and from the outside